Click here to skip to main content.
 
Ref NoD 176
TitleCourt rolls for the manor of Temple Wycombe, c1341-c1547, with transcripts of court rolls, 1546-1623
DescriptionThe manor of Temple Wycombe originally formed part of Wycombe manor, from which it appears to have been separated in 1203. It belonged to the Knights Templar from 1227 until their suppression in 1307. After being briefly held by the Crown, it passed to the Knights of the Hospital of St John of Jerusalem, who held it until the Dissolution of the Monasteries in the 1530s. The manor was retained by the Crown until 1553 when it was granted to John Cock and John Thurgood. By 1585 it had been transferred to Robert Raunce, in whose family it remained until it was alienated to Richard Archdale around 1624.
[Information from Victoria County History, Volume III, page 124. A few extracts from the rolls are printed in 'The Early History and Antiquites of Wycombe' by John Parker (1878), pages 16-17]
Access_StatusOpen
Datec1341-c1547
Related MaterialSee D-BASM/87 and AR 136/2000 (D 264) for other items relating to the manor of Temple Wycombe
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019