Click here to skip to main content.
 
Ref NoD-X 861
TitleMinute books and other papers of the Aylesbury Cricket Club
DescriptionThe date of the original foundation of the Aylesbury Cricket Club is not known. A report in the minutes of the Annual meeting of 22 February 1932 (see D-X 861/4) states that the secretary had searched the 'Herald' files and 'in the issue dated August 10 1845 found a report of a meeting held when the old cricket club was revived'. However the 'Bucks Herald' was published on 9 August in 1845, and a search of this issue and the issue of 16 August, as well as issues of the 'Aylesbury News' for the same dates, has failed to reveal any mention of this meeting.

The Club was known originally as the Vale of Aylesbury Cricket Club. This was wound up in 1895 and replaced by the Aylesbury Cricket Club (also known as the Aylesbury Town Cricket Club from around 1900). The new club played from its inception on the County Cricket Ground in Wendover Road. When the Aylesbury and District Sports Club was created in 1910, to take over the running of the County Ground, the Aylesbury Cricket Club formed the cricket section of that organisation. The Club is still (2011) in existence based at Wendover Road.
Access_StatusOpen
Date1866-1949
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020